Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Technical Tuesdays






A little bit about Coreen Janetzke...

Director


Job: is Accounts Payable at Faith Life Church
Favorite Musical/Play that I've Directed: A tie between two - "You Can't Take it With You" and "And Then There Were None"

Q: How long have you been directing?
A: I have been directing for 8 years or so.  I have directed for church plays and then have directed with Pickerington Community Theatre for 4 years.  I developed a passion for theater when I was attending a church called Faith Christian Center in 1998.  I became involved in an acting ministry where we got to be evangelists and spread the Gospel through theater.  From doing that I also developed a love for watching people develop their own talents on stage whether it be through Christian plays or secular.  I went from acting on stage, to mainly directing because it gave me a chance to help those people grow and mature their talents which is extremely rewarding for me.


Q: What are some bad habits that you've seen actors develop that you've had a hard time dealing with? 
A: Actors can develop interesting habits on stage!  It's common to find that actors talk to fast and don't enunciate, or they forget to face the audience while speaking.  The only bad habit I've seen that I actually have a hard time dealing with, is when actors try to act like they are the director and try to direct their fellow actors.  That can be very confusing and chaotic!


Q: What would you say to someone who wants to get into theater? 
A: For anyone getting into theater, my number one piece of advice is, don't get your feelings hurt or get offended!!  This is a CUTTHROAT business and for every play you get cast in, you'll get cut from five.  When it comes to acting you can't give up and need to be patient and persistent and not easily discouraged.  But it's worth it, if this is what you love to do :)!


Q: What about this production are you most looking forward to?
A: What I am looking forward to with this production is what I look forward to with every play that I direct - the finished product.  There is no feeling more satisfying than seeing all our hard work, from the acting to the set to the costumes all come together and then seeing the cast so happy and excited and fulfilled.  It's awesome!!


The Wizard of Oz (R.S.C.) performances dates are July 31st at 7pm, August 1st at 7pm, and August 1st at 2pm.
Tickets? Click here or call 1-800-965-9324. 
Questions? Email us at gutsforglorytheatreco@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment